Friday, June 15, 2012

Emily's Birth Story

Emily's birth story was by far our best one yet.

Last weekend I felt terrible. I had a lot of back pain and false contractions up until Tuesday. Wednesday morning I woke up and did my normal routine. James didn't have school so I got to take a shower and get ready for the day. I got Evan ready for school and sent him off. Then we sent off Makayla and James Micheal. We decided to do some shopping. James needed some new shirts and the girls needed summer swimsuits so we headed to Old Navy. James took me, Sadie, and Evan out to lunch and had a nice meal. I felt great the whole time, and I didn't have any pain after walking around all day. I came home and did some chores, then left to get James Micheal and drop him home then go to my doctor's appointment.

I went to the doctor at 3:45pm. I went into the office and sat, the doctor was going to be awhile because he was a little behind schedule. I didn't care and just started looking at magazines. I started having some braxton hicks, but figured it was the way I was sitting. After being called in and waiting in the room to be checked, I started to get more uncomfortable, but I was convinced it was just false labor again. The nurse came in and got Dr. Hiss, seeing how uncomfortable I was. Dr. Hiss checked me and I was still dialated to a 3 and 80% effaced, but he thought I was in labor, because my water bag was bulging. He stripped my membranes then sent me over to labor and delivery. I was in shock and asked if I needed to schedule an appointment for the inducement if this was false labor. He looked at me like I was crazy, and said, "No, Audra, you are in labor go to the hospital."

I quickly called James as I was walking over to the hospital. I was still convinced they would monitor me for an hour and then send me home...well I was wrong! My contractions went from 10 minutes apart to 4 minutes apart within an hour. Luckily James knows better than I do when I am in labor and started calling everyone as soon as he saw me in the hospital. My contractions were very painful and long because she was facing sideways. I rolled on a ball for a good half hour trying to get her to turn. I was convinced she did, but she turned the wrong way and ended being posterior like Evan.

In the beginning of Labor: 5:00pm





My mom and dad both arrived about an hour or so after I was admitted. I went to a five alone, but the back pain was ridiculous and the contractions were really drawn out so I got my epidural around 8pm.

I told the doctor if he broke my water she would be out in 20 minutes, well that's just what they did!
They broke my water around 9:00pm and she was born at 9:39pm

I felt the urge to push right at the 20 minute mark, and she came out in about 2 sets of pushes. She was face up, with her eyes wide open, which hurt just like Evan's did!!

When she was born, because I pushed her out so quickly, she didn't have time to adjust and went into shock and wasn't breathing. She only got an apgar of 5. Luckily after about a minute of fear she started screaming and the NICU nurses got her where she needed to be. It was incredibly scary,and we were all holding our breath hoping she would cry, but we are grateful she is okay now.
Emily Camille Divis
June 13th, 2012
She was 7 pounds 13 oz, and 20 inches long

She is a great nurser and latched on right away, she had a beautiful head of dark hair and eyelashes.
She is even darker than Sadie was, and has very dark eyes too. She is our smallest baby which was a surprise to everyone, mostly because of how I carried her and how uncomfortable I was.

We are so grateful she is here and she is such a joy already. Her brothers and sisters are all doing really well with her and we are so grateful to add a new little princess to the Divis Clan.

We love you Emily Camille Divis, Welcome to our home!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy! On the plus side of it all, you went into the hospital looking super cute, so you are just making most pregnant women jealous of your hotness. She is seriously the cutest baby and I am chomping at the bit for July to come so we can see you guys. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete